Children & Families of Iowa’s Therapeutic Child Care (TCC) is the first program of its kind in central Iowa. Located at CFl’s Child Development Center, TCC is designed for children (2 to 6 years of age) diagnosed with a unique behavioral and/or emotional need and requires a specialized learning environment.
The program is designed to stimulate physical, emotional, social, and intellectual learning. The daily schedule provided at TCC is critical to establishing a routine that provides children with a sense of security and stability.
Some issues addressed by Therapeutic Childcare:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Pervasive Development Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder
- Disruptive Behavior Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder