Get Involved with Children & Families of Iowa
Each year, CFI utilizes over 1,000 volunteers, with the success of many CFI programs and events relying on the participation of these caring and generous individuals.
Helping hands are always needed to:
- Process in-kind donations
- Sort and file documents
- Enter data into computer database
- Assist with seasonal cleaning
- Help with small yardwork or maintenance projects
- Distribute promotional flyers throughout the greater Des Moines area
- Help at Kidsfest, Princess Party, and other fundraising events
- Help with the Adopt-A-Family distribution room during the holiday season
- Provide assistance with projects at the domestic violence shelter
- Serve as ad hoc members on event planning committees
- And much more!
For currently available volunteer opportunities, please contact the Foundation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-697-7961.
Steps to becoming a volunteer:
- Review the Volunteer Handbook.
- Complete and submit a Volunteer Applications (see below). Return applications by email to the Foundation for Children & Families of Iowa at email@example.com or by mail to the Foundation for Children & Families of Iowa, Attention: Foundation Coordinator, 1111 University Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50314.
- Our Foundation Coordinator will contact applicants to discuss opportunities and interests.
Volunteers with a particular talent, skill or interest they would like to share should complete and submit the Individual Volunteer Application.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
CFI has opportunities for groups of all sizes. For any organization that is interested, please complete and submit the Group Volunteer Application.
Nonperishable food items, laundry/household cleaning items, and personal care/baby items are always in need. Coordinating a donation drive with an office, religious group or club is a great way to support the mission of Children & Families of Iowa.
Children & Families of Iowa is in need of toy, crafts, games, books, and gadgets for ages 0-13, and 13-18 years. New, unwrapped items for both boys and girls are accepted. If donating electronic items, please provide batteries.
Foundation for Children & Families of Iowa hours of operation:
Monday through Thursday – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fridays – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.