About Children & Families of Iowa
Restoring hope, building futures and changing lives.
Children & Families of Iowa is one of the top family services organizations in Iowa. Through our programs and services, we help everyone from babies who need a safe home to those dealing with end-of-life grief. Children & Families of Iowa doesn’t just offer solutions for families and children in crisis. We offer hope when it seems like there is none left. We offer a chance to build better futures. We offer an opportunity to change lives.
We have been here for children and families for more than 125 years. We were there when children orphaned by poverty needed someone to help find them loving, permanent homes. Through the years, we were there for “unwed” mothers, for abused women and children, for abandoned teenagers and for families on the brink of disaster.
Today, we stand on this foundation of caring as one of Iowa’s largest, most well-respected providers of family services. From a small adoption agency serving a few hundred children to a statewide organization serving more than 25,600 people last year, we have grown by adhering to one basic principle: every child, every family deserves to be safe.
Children & Families of Iowa has been recognized for our outstanding service to the community and ability to respond to the needs of Iowans:
- We hold dozens of contracts with the state and various counties.
- We are a United Way partner agency, and therefore held to high standards in our programs.
- We partner with hundreds of local organizations to ensure we are delivering the highest level of care.
- All of our programs are accredited or licensed.
- Many of our programs, such as our services for victims of domestic violence, our programs for foster youth and our group homes, offer services unique in Iowa and in the communities they serve.