Substance Abuse Services
At Children & Families of Iowa (CFI), we address substance abuse by involving family and community in finding solutions tailored to each individual. Highly-trained substance abuse professionals help individuals and families develop goals, structure, and positive living environments necessary for success. All levels of care incorporate group, individual and family counseling; psychiatric care and medication management are offered as needed.
Substance abuse services are available at the Northside Family Services Center in Des Moines and Cornerstone Recovery Center located in Ankeny.
substance abuse services: the following services are provided for youth and adults
- Extended Outpatient (EOP): Extended outpatient serves both male and female clients requiring additional education regarding their substance use. Individuals that qualify for extended outpatient attend six hours of treatment per month in the form of group and individual sessions.
- Continuing Care: Continuing Care serves both male and female clients who have completed an outpatient, residential, or day treatment program and are in need of ongoing individualized support.
- Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) Assessments: CFI offers OWI Assessments for $135. This fee includes $125 for the assessment and $10 for the Urinalysis (UA) test. The $135 is due at time of service.
- Prime for Life (Substance Abuse Diversion Program): Prime for Life, also referred to as “First Time Offender Program”, is a onetime education course designed to educate youth and young adults on the impact of their choices. This class is open to both males and females through age 18.
- Intensive Outpatient (IOP): Intensive outpatient serves youth between the ages of 12 and 18 who are in need of more intensive education regarding their substance use. Youth that qualify for intensive outpatient attend six hours of treatment weekly in the form of group and individual sessions.
schedule an appointment
Contact an Intake Specialist to: schedule an evaluation, make a referral, or learn more about services provided.